Mobile Marketing is a Must

Think about it—you spend hours on your phone every day and probably check it nearly a hundred times a day. Don’t feel guilty. We all do it, it’s just today’s reality.

Whenever we need go-to information we pull out the handy devices that we conveniently take nearly everywhere we go. The mobile smartphone is the most powerful tool a consumer has at his or her expense at any given moment. And, because of that, it is also the most powerful tool a marketer has at their expense as well.


If we add the statistics provided by Nielsen blow of tablets and phones together below, then we get roughly 3 hours per day on a mobile device. In a millennial context, that’s probably conservative. 

If you don’t have a website optimized for mobile scrolling, you are not going to keep visitors. No one is going to take the time to navigate your non-mobile friendly website when there are countless competitors who have mobile-friendly websites and took the time to think about their customers’ user experience.

A great mobile-friendly website should make it easy for the user to navigate and answer the questions they came to your website for in the first place. Always have a customer question in mind. Most of your website users have one and they want it answered quickly.

Speaking of quick: that’s how your website should load. According to Google, 53 percent of mobile websites are abandoned after 3+ seconds of load time.

Here are some other statistics that should convince you to think mobile first when thinking about marketing digitally:

  • 46% of people who have interruptive mobile experiences with a brand say they would not consider buying from that brand again.
  • Roughly 9 out of 10 smartphone users say they would consider buying from a brand that gave them helpful or relevant information on their mobile website.
  • Last year, 11% of mobile usage time was spent on a mobile browser with the other 89% being mobile applications (we will save that topic for a later date).
  • 79% of customers order using mobile.
  • 80% of mobile users say that they are more likely to buy from websites and apps that help them easily find what they want on mobile.

Head over to Statista if you want to look at a wide range of mobile commerce facts that couldn’t all fit in the above space.

1 thought on “Mobile Marketing is a Must”

  1. Pingback: Are ECommerce Mobile Apps Worth It? – Marowitz Manifesto

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.